The Victoria Philharmonic Choir is an auditioned, multi-generational ensemble of 80 voices, directed by Peter Butterfield. Mr. Butterfield’s skill in vocal training and his joyful and exacting leadership style continue to shape VPC into a choir that is at home in a wide-ranging repertoire, from the Renaissance to the twenty-first century.
The Vision of the Victoria Philharmonic Choir Society (VPCS) is:
- To provide Greater Victoria and Vancouver Island, and further afield when appropriate, with live performances of choral music of the highest professional standard
- To support the choral needs of Victoria's and Vancouver Island's musical community
- To mount its own independent choral productions and
- To develop and educate future generations of choral singers and choral audiences
The Mission of the VPCS is:
- To draw together, as the Victoria Philharmonic Choir, serious amateur singers who are willing and eager to continually develop their vocal talent, through commitment to the highest standards of choral excellence
- To create fulfilling concert seasons and summer festivals
- To arrange educational programs, workshops and seminars on both vocal technique and choral music and
- To cooperate with other arts organizations towards mutually beneficial ends
VPC welcomes new choristers in September and early January, but may accept new members at other times of the year at the Music Director's discretion. Potential choristers are encouraged to sit in on a regular rehearsal. If you are interested in singing with us, please contact us for details.